Saturday, August 05, 2006

The old yellow'n'blue

5th August 2006, Day 139

Melbourne, Victoria

A new season and time to implore from the terraces of League 2, COME ON YOU GULLS!!!

Ian Atkins has put together a strong looking side in close season, bar a few question marks over the midfield and goalkeeper. Whilst I personally don't like Ian Atkins much (due to his behaviour at at Torquay with other sides), he turned things around at Plainmoor in a manner akin to Jesus last season. Let the second coming commence.

Shame I can't be there for the first game of the season, but I certainly will be next year. Hope you make some noise at Underhill, Sarah!

This year it'll be promotion not relegation under consideration. PLEASE.

Gis' a swig on the old yellow'n'blue!




















I am an fool for the marketing man.




















I'll post some musings about Melbourne in a few days time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Melbourne- Laura will look after you right, I'm sure! Give her a hug from me. That's an order. Oh, and allez jaunes.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I did make some noise! I almost fell over from jumping up and down when they scored. wasn't quite the same without you though. I think that the first game after you get bac may be swindon away. What's in that lurid Torquay drink then? uranium?

Dan said...

Dunno, it tasted OK though.

Pleased about the first game. Thorpe is a dependable proven League Two goal scorer.

Good news about Abbey. One clean sheet/win don't make a season though.

Sorry I didn't get back to you after the game - I was asleep as you probably guessed.

In other news I'm off to another Stop War thing now.

Thom - you'll love this, we're meeting up with Laura for Neighbours night on Monday. Rocking to Karl Kennedy's band and then taking a snap of me, James and Harold Bishop. Ripper!

Anonymous said...

You rad bastard. You also missed a great bbq at Craig's on Saturday. No-one I spoke to had ever been round his house before, but great it was. We put down four more basic tracks at Soup yesterday as well; I think you'll be impressed once we finish them off...

Dan said...

I look forward to it! I think only John and I have spent much time at Craig's.

Dan said...

Two wins out of two now!

Anonymous said...

i'm still seriously considering going on saturday. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

normal service resumed. bloody football!

Dan said...

At least we got a 25-yard screamer out of it. Darren Garner! Who would have thought he had it in him?

Anonymous said...

i'm hopiing it'll be up on you tube soon!