Wednesday, May 10, 2006

TUFC and their nine lives

Torquay United 0 - Boston 0

I'd prefer seven (Kevin) hills. All I can say is thank god that's over for another year. We ended up in 20th position: ultimately it was poor old Oxford who went down with Rushden. Just how many times can we escape relegation by a whisker? Listening to a match over the internet is little better than actually being at the match in terms of nerves and feeling sick.

It reminded me very much of Colchester game on the last day of last season when we were waiting on the MK Dons result on Col U's shitty cramped terrace. This time when the Stockport result came through (which meant we couldn't be relegated) it was good news, rather than misery. I let out a strange primeval howl, of which I had hitherto thought myself incapable. Strange and concerned looks in the internet caff all round. Anxiety returned and I started feeling sick when the commentary mentioned that a man had collapsed at the ground and was being taken away by ambulance; I knew Dad was there. Fortunately he was just home late because of the end of season award ceremony. I hope whoever it was that collapsed responded to medical treatment.

Here's looking forward to another close season of inactivity in the transfer market, and another term of struggle and grind come August ;). Still it was nice that Plainmoor was full (see above), even if I couldn't be there. I really think Hilly should be club captain. I won't be back to see any games until March next year, but just maybe by then it'll be the play-offs or promotion we're chasing. I couldn't let this auspicious occasion go by without a post. Sorry to most people reading this blog who have no interest in football, let alone Torquay United.

I should probably write about where I am - we've just got to Chaing Mai, but I need to get my head around the place before having anything insightful to say.

5 comments:

James said...

Give us a 'T' ...

Chris Hynd said...

Mon the Gulls!

Kevin Hill is awesome in Football Manager 2006, fans player of the year 2 seasons running!

Dan said...

For your interest Chris, because no-one else will care (and probably you won't either), Torquay is built on seven hills. I've been waiting to use that crap connection to Kevin Hill for several years, and I'd originally had plans for a TUFC fan site of the same name. The best laid plans...

James said...

He's here, he's there ...

Anonymous said...

kevin hill has resigned! ace!

i'm slightly concerned that marriott hasn't yet though :(